Our Story

How it all started...

In 1928 a small group of people met at a Dundee community house, led by C.F. Johnson. This group of ten became the Elim Baptist Church in September of 1929.  The church grew and moved into their first building in 1931 with 60 members. Elim Baptist Church joined together with Dundee First Baptist Church to form the Dundee Baptist Church. In October of 1991 the church, due to growth, decided they needed to relocate to a new and improved facility. The following year the church purchased its current property near Lake Marie where we stand tall as a beacon of light for Christ in our community.

Expanding the vision...

We strive to meet the needs of our community though the various ministries of the church. As we grow and expand our reach into the community we hope to be like the church in Acts 2, continuing in the Word of God, praising Him, and serving our community knowing God will be "adding to the church daily those who were being saved."

Where we are headed...

Paul wrote in Romans 10:1 that his "heart's desire" was for the salvation of those he loved. Today, at The Church on the Hill, we carry that same heart desire. We look forward into the future with the hope of seeing those in our communities come to know Jesus personally.  All of our services, activities, ministries and programs point to Jesus, the "Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!" (John 1:29).

Be a part of our story

Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together at 11 am.